- What food will you be describing?
- What are some special memories it has for you?
- What are some sensory details that will help bring the food “to life” for your readers?
- Who will you be interviewing about your food?
Post your responses here on the Lucky 13 blog.
DUE: Friday, 8/21/09
21 comments:
-Maddie
What food will you be describing?
Pho
What are some special memories it will have for you?
When I wasn't feeling good, my mom would cook the soup and it would help me feel better.
What are some sensory details that will help bring the food “to life” for your readers?
The chicken broth boiled in the pot as the sensational aroma of the simmering chicken filled the room.
Who will you be interviewing about your food?
My mom.
1. I will be describing my mom's original spaghetti.
2. Whenever there is a small gathering with friends and family or parties, my mom would always cook that same spaghetti. By the end of the party, it would be entirely wiped out. No kidding. Surprisingly, everyone loved it. However, whenever someone in the family accomplished their goal, she would cook spaghetti for us. We didn't want the food to go to waste, so we would eat 1/4 of it each day until it ran out. But at some points, I couldn't help myself so I would sneak in another 1/4 to my plate as my afternoon snack. Sometimes I would annoy my mom to buy more recipes so she could cook more for us, but it wouldn't happen. That's how much I loved my mom's spaghetti.
3. Delicious! It has this sweet taste and aroma to it. I don't really know how to describe it. It is very unique and you can't really use words to describe it. But, it's like the American spaghetti without cheese and without extra fattening surprises. It's not artificial taste. It's like eating freshly picked vegetables or fruits. It's refreshing and it gives you that certain "mmmmmm" feel. But it is sweet, moderate not to the point where your face starts to quiver.
4. I will be interviewing my mom.
1. I will be talking about my parent's macaroni fruit salad.
2. My parent's always make it on special occasions like birthdays or new years. They make batches and batches of it and it's so tasty. Whenever I help them make it, I always would eat bits of it and my parents would tell me to stop or there will be nothing left.
3. I would say that it's DELICIOUS! The scent is so sweet, but the taste has a balance of sweet and salty. Also, I would say that it is colorful. I say colorful because of the different fruits and jello-like substances mixed together. It's also a good snack to have on a very hot or humid day.
4. I will be interviewing both of my parents.
1. I will be talking about my mom's traditional banana lumpia :)
2. One day, my mom wanted to surprise me with some banana lumpia. She kept it a secret that she was going to stay home and cook banana lumpia while I was at school. So school finished and right when I opened the door I spelt the yummy-licious smell of the lumpia! The first thing that popped into my head was "My mom is home! :)" I rushed to the kitchen to see that lying there, on top of the table, was BANANA LUMPIA! Anxious for a bite and not thinking that it was still very hot, I bit into one of them and burnt my tongue! But honestly, I didn't care. I kept on biting and chewing.... then at the end, i remembered that my tongue was burnt, haha.
3. Yummm, too good for words! Right when you smell it, your mouth instantly waters. The collaboration of the crunchy outside wrap and the soft banana inside makes you want more and more! Just one bite of a banana lumpia makes you feel like you're on cloud nine :) In other words, it's just too hard to resist!
4. I will be interviewing my mom.
1. My Mom's Cassava Bibingka :)
2. Whenever we have a small party with are friends or family, my mom would make her very own Cassava Bibingka. She usually makes about 2 batches. One for the party and one for us at home. I would always help her by preparing the ingredients and by mixing the ingredients.
3. I would have to say that it is just simply delicious. Having both a mouthwatering smell and a delightful taste.
4. i will be interveiwing my mom (:
1. I will be describing my mother's Kare Kare.
2. My mother only made this dish for special occasions such as birthday parties, baptismals, & family get togethers. Now every time we eat this dish, we reminisce the good old days.
3. Things like, "The smell of the steaming stew with the sound of my mother chopping onions & green beans is when I know we what we have for dinner."
4. Of course, i will interview my mom, & if possible, interview family members who enjoy eating this dish & their memories about it.
1. I will be describing my grandma's Pancit.
2. My grandma would usually cook Pancit during parties, celebrations, holidays, small gatherings, or for just a meal. I think her Pancit is very unique. Everytime i can smell the aroma of pancit in the kitchen i get very excited, BUT the sad thing was that i had to wait for her to actually finish cooking it. hahaa.
3. Her Pancit is just so yummy. It pleases your mouth with flavor that makes you want some more. Her Pancit just has this little "zing" in it that i havent tasted in any other Pancit dishes I've ate before.
4. Well, I will be interviewing my grandma, AND my mom too for any other details about it.
Roots and Recipes Idea Draft
What food will you be describing? So far I think I want to write about my grandpa Keanini's crepes.
What are some special memories it has for you? Whenever we went to Moloka'i to see my grandpa we would all pile into him small house and he would cook for us and at least one morning for breakfast he would make crepes for all of us.
What are some sensory details that will help bring the food “to life” for your readers? The crepes were soft and dainty but in the middle the flavors were strong and all the sweet, fruity and creamy taste would explode and do a little dance on your tongue as soon as it hit your mouth.
Who will you be interviewing about your food? My dad since my grandpa died a few years ago and I think my dad is the only one that knows how to make it even though its nothing compared to my grandpas and its sad knowing that I will never get to experience them again.
Sorry Mrs. Sueoka I accidentally wrote all of these questions on the paper we turned in and I forgot we were suppose to put it on the blog so sorry its late I just noticed.
1. The main dish i am thinking about doing right now is halo-halo. I still have a few in mind though
2. The most special memory i have of this dish is this year on my birthday.. As soon as my dad got the ingredients out, my whole family piled in the kitchen and made one. It was fun and interesting.
3. The soft, cold ube ice cream with the crunchiness of the shaved ice. The delicious toppings and various ingredients that explodes with flavor as soon as it hits your mouth.
4. I will be interviewing, my parents and my siblings.
1. I would describe my grandma's Namasu.
2. My grandma would make Namasu 4 our family and I would eat three quarters of the bowl.
3. The smell of vinegar up your nose, the cold crunch of the cucumber, and the unexpected punch when eat a ginger.
4. I would interview my grandma.
1. I am thinking about describing gau.
2. Every year I have helped my dad make gau. Even though it is not the traditional way (by steaming), this recipe has been passed down from my grandmother (Popo).
3. To really make this piece of writing "real", I would describe the sweet stickiness the gau leaves in your mouth, as well as the sesame seed taste that lingers, causing you to want to eat more gau.
4. I will interview my dad and my aunty (my Popo who used to make this has already passed away).
1. I am thinking about describing my grandpa's pickled mango.
2. When I was younger, I remember eating pickled mango that my grandpa used to make. Since my grandpa died and after we cut down the mango tree, we don't eat pickled mango made from my grandpa's recipe as much.
3. The crunchiness as I take a bite of the pickled mango, the tangy flavor lingering on the tips of my taste buds, and the sweet vinegar smell, makes me hunger for more.
4. I will be interviewing my brother.
1. I will be describing Mango Cream Cheese Pie.
2. Some of the special memories I had with mango cream chesse pie was when i was little when i used to get back from Hula I would help my mom make the crust and prepare it on the pan.
3. Since the mangos are fresh picked from m our backyard its always garaunteed fresh. the first mango layer is sweet, tasty, and of course healthy. the second layer is the cream cheese its so soft and fluffy. And once you get down to the crust it smells like cookie dough and it'll suprise you with its crunchiness since the rest of the pie is mostly soft.
4. For this recipe i will be interweiving my mom since she's the one that usually makes it at family gathering
1. I will be describing butter mochi
2. Some special memories that I have is my mom making the butter mochi on special occasions. Whenever we have family parties or any kind of celebration my mom makes butter mochi.
3. Some sensory details that I could use are the sweet smell of the mochi baking in the oven. I could also use the golden brown color of the mochi to show the reader what I'm talking about.
4. I will be interviewing my mom
1. I will be writing about Leche Flan.
2. A few weeks after the arrival of my uncle from the Philippines was one of the first times I have tried Leche Flan.
3. Through my writing, I could tell my audience that the texture and sweetness of the dish would make it mouth-watering.
4. The people I'll be interviewing are my aunty and uncle.
1. What food will you be describing?
A Filipino dessert called Buko Pandan.
2. What are some special memories it has for you?
All of my family gatherings, usually at a birthday party, Thanksgiving, or Christmas.
3. What are some sensory details that will help bring the food "to life" for your readers?
The sweet smell, the slippery gelatin, and a little hint of coconut.
4. Who will you be interviewing about your food?
My aunty and my mother.
1:I will be describing my grandmother's oden. Oden is a Japanese Crockpot of japanese authenticc foods like Daikon( japanese radish), Konnyaku( Soft, gelatinny-like texture made from the konnyaku POTATO!!! it feels so much like jello), Konnbu(seaweed) abu-raage( Deep-fried tofu), if i went on, there's be alot for you to read about.
2: I always enjoy walking toward the kitchen to take a smell of what's cooking on the stove. my grandma would be standing in a tall, staight position and the aroma in the kitchen had a smell of broth and vegetables like seaweed, radish, Konnyaku, and alot more. On sometime special like Christmas or New Years, she would make the Oden. I will always remember the soft Daikon slowly dississipating in my mouth, turning into delicious mush in a second, the Konnyaku just praying in my bowl to be slurped up into my mouth, and the Konnbu, laughing in my bowl (don't know what that means).
3: The power-packed punch K.O.ing you at the start of the match to battle the awesome flavor of what is, the Oden. The aroma, a calling, or a taunt will fill your nose until you can't get it out. However, you didn't want to because it smelt so good. The bell rings, and the oden comes out onto the table. WOOHOO! the magnificent medley of food laid onto the table will add sparkle to your eyes, giving you a one-way ticket to victory. Because it's been cooked for so long, you pick it up, and it's all slippery and soft like tofu. You take your first bite and it opens your eyes. You smile in delight and take another bite, the mix of vegetables and Tofu and eggs fill your mouth and before you realize it, it's gone. all of it. It has been eaten.
4: My grandma.
1. The food I will be describing is Pork Adobo.
2. Special memories about Pork Adobo is that when I was a little girl, my grandpa would ALWAYS cook that and we'd have it for almost 3 meals a day if we wanted to.
3. Some sensory details that'll make my food come alive would be mouth watering, tender, etc.
4. I will be interviewing my grandmother.
Jarrett:
1: The food i will be describing is Mexican Wedding Cookies.
2: These cookies hold special memories because my mother grew up making them with her mother and she has passed on the tradition with my sister and I and it brings back really good memories of the holidays.
3: My mother's cookies are very warm, sugary, buttery, "melt in your mouth", delectable, etc.
4: I will be interviewing my mother.
1. I will be describing my parent's chocolate fried won tons.
2. During Christmas, where the family is altogether, we would make a favorite dessert that my family and I would enjoy. We would cut won ton wrappers into thick mini rectangles and fold them into a bow-looking shape, ready to take a dip in the piping hot oil in the deep fryer. My dad would fry the won tons until it was a golden brown color. He would also continue to melt white chocolate as one other ingredient for this dessert. Once all components of the won tons and melted chocolate is ready, my family and I then drizzle that creamy, and velvety chocolate onto the won tons. At that moment, we would be able to take in the aroma of chocolate melting even more on the hot, fried won tons. We enjoy eating the won tons that are covered with little drizzles of chocolate with a great smile on our faces. For others enjoyment, we would always send out a bag of these little chocolate chips to friends and family for all to enjoy during the special holiday.
3. Sensory details would be very important for this piece of writing. So, to really make this come alive and become vivid, I would have to focus on how this dish tastes, and looks, smells, and more. I would also have to engage in a better use of language as best I can, not using simple words like good, yummy, and wonderful.
4. I will be interviewing me both my mom and dad for this dish.
1. the food that i will be describing is shanghai lumpia.
2.Some memories that it has for me is that my mother used to cook this ever since i was a little boy. It is my favorite food.
3. BOOM! the aroma just knocks me out, its like nothing else exists but me and the aroma. I follow the lovely, tasty, and wonderful smell to the kithen and i find the most beautiful and magnificent dish ever. Lumpia.
4. I will be interviewing my mother.
Post a Comment