- In a group of 2-3 people, find a popular song that you think is an excellent example of sentence fluency.
- Post the words to the song in a comment here, highlighting the examples of sentence fluency.
- Bring in the song on CD or on your iPOD or other audio device.
- Needless to say, the songs should be those whose lyrics can be posted on your school blog without violating the appropriate use guidelines.
DUE: WED 8/11/10 at the start of class
10 comments:
I'm just listening to the clock go ticking,
I am waiting as the time goes by.
I think of you with every breath I take,
I need to feel your heartbeat next to mine.
You're all I see, in everything.
I just wanna hold you,
I just wanna kiss you,
I just wanna love you all my life.
I normally wouldn't say this,
but I just can't contain it.
I want you here forever,
right here by my side.
All the fears you feel inside,
and all the tears you cry,
they're ending right here.
I'll heal your heart and soul;
I'll keep you oh so close.
Don't worry; I'll never let you go.
You're all I need, you're everything.
I just wanna hold you,
I just wanna kiss you,
I just wanna love you all my life.
I normally wouldn't say this,
but I just can't contain it.
I want you here forever,
right here by my side.
No one else will ever do.
I got a stubborn heart for you.
Call me crazy, but its true; I love you.
I didn't think that it would be,
you have made it clear to me.
You're all I need.
I just wanna hold you,
I just wanna kiss you,
I just wanna love you all my life.
I normally wouldn't say this,
but I just can't contain it.
I want you here forever,
right here by my side.
Group: Rebekah Morales
Jordie Guasch
Korie Lum
Jody Yafuso
-Brittany Bonilla
-Czarina Caberto
-Isabelle Sayno
---------------------------------------
"Just The Way You Are" by Bruno Mars
Oh her eyes, her eyes
Make the stars look like they're not shining
Her hair, her hair
Falls perfectly without her trying
She's so beautiful
And I tell her every day
Yeah I know, I know
When I compliment her
She wont believe me
And its so, its so
Sad to think she don't see what I see
But every time she asks me do I look okay
I say
When I see your face
There's not a thing that I would change
'Cause you're amazing
Just the way you are
And when you smile,
The whole world stops and stares for awhile
'Cause girl you're amazing
Just the way you are
Her lips, her lips
I could kiss them all day if she'd let me
Her laugh, her laugh
She hates but I think its so sexy
She's so beautiful
And I tell her every day
Oh you know, you know, you know
I'd never ask you to change
If perfect is what you're searching for
Then just stay the same
So don't even bother asking
If you look okay
You know I say
When I see your face
There's not a thing that I would change
'Cause you're amazing
Just the way you are
And when you smile,
The whole world stops and stares for awhile
'Cause girl you're amazing
Just the way you are
The way you are
The way you are
Girl you're amazing
Just the way you are
When I see your face
There's not a thing that I would change
'Cause you're amazing
Just the way you are
And when you smile,
The whole world stops and stares for awhile
'Cause girl you're amazing
Just the way you are
Pyramid by Charice ft. Iyaz
shawty's love is like a pyramid
we stand together till the very end
there'll never be another love for sure
iyaz and charice here we go
stones heavy like the love you've shown
solid as the ground we've known
and i just wanna carry on
we took it from the bottom up
and even in a desert storm
sturdy as a rock we hold
wishing every moment froze
now i just wanna let you know
earthquakes can't shake us
cyclones can't break us
hurricanes can't take away our love
pyramid, we've built this on a solid rock
it feels just like it's heaven's touch
together at the top (at the top baby) like a pyramid
and even when the wind is blowin
we'll never fall just keep on goin
forever we will stay like a pyramid
like a pyramid, like a pyramid hey
like a pyramid, like a pyramid hey
like a pyramid, like a pyramid hey
cold never ever when you're close
we will never let it fall
a story that was never told
something like a mystery
and every step we've took we grown
look how fast the time has flown
the journey to the place unknown
we're going down in history
earthquakes can't shake us
cyclones can't break us
hurricanes can't take away our love
pyramid, we've built this on a solid rock
it feels just like it's heaven's touch
together at the top (at the top baby) like a pyramid
and even when the wind is blowin
we'll never fall just keep it goin
forever we will stay like a pyramid
like a pyramid girl i'ma show you
that i love you so much that we're gonna get through
even when it storms i will never go
i'ma be the one to keep you safe
before was a love i care more than enough
holding on to one another be the cover when it's rough
mother nature, or disaster won't stop our happy ever after
pyramid... keep it going...
like a pyramid, like a pyramid hey
pyramid, we've built this on a solid rock
it feels just like it's heaven's touch
together at the top (at the top baby) like a pyramid
and even when the wind is blowin
we'll never fall just keep on goin
forever we will stay like a pyramid
pyramid..
pyramid, we've built this on a solid rock
it feels just like it's heaven's touch
together at the top (at the top baby) like a pyramid
and even when the wind is blowin
we'll never fall just keep it goin
forever we will stay like a pyramid
like a pyramid, like a pyramid hey
like a pyramid, like a pyramid hey
like a pyramid, like a pyramid hey
GROUP:
Shaneika Aguilar
Shannel Cabuhat
Sharmaine Sebastian
[Drake]
I'm more than just an option
Hey, Hey, Hey
Refuse to be forgotten
Hey, Hey, Hey
I took a chance with my heart
Hey, Hey, Hey
And I feel it taking over
[Chorus]
I better find your love and
I better find your heart
I better find your love and
I better find your heart
I better find your love and
I better find your heart
I bet if I give all my love
Then nothings gonna tear us apart
I’m more than just a number
Hey, Hey, Hey
I doubt you’ll find another
Hey, Hey, Hey
So every single summer
Hey, Hey, Hey
I be the one that you remember
[Chorus]
And I better find your lovin
I better find your heart
I better find your love and
I better find your heart
I better find your love and
I better find your heart
I bet if I give all my love,
Then nothings gonna tear us apart
It’s more than just a mission
Hey, Hey, Hey
You hear but you don’t listen
Hey, Hey, Hey
You better pay attention
Hey, Hey, Hey
And get what you been missing
[Chorus]
Too many times I’ve been wrong.
I guess being right takes too long
I’m done waiting, theres nothing left to do
But give all I have to you
and
I better find your love and
I better find your heart
I better find your love and
I bet if I give all my love,
Then nothings gonna tear us apart
I bet if I give all my love,
Then nothings gonna tear us apart
Group: Maddie and Cj
What a Wonderful World by Louis Armstrong
Group: Kristen Monico, Kevin Caguillo, Traci Sahagun
I see trees of green, red roses too
I see them bloom for me and you
And I think to myself, what a wonderful world
I see skies of blue and clouds of white
The bright blessed day, the dark sacred night
And I think to myself, what a wonderful world
The colours of the rainbow, so pretty in the sky
Are also on the faces of people going by
I see friends shakin' hands, sayin' "How do you do?"
They're really saying "I love you"
I hear babies cryin', I watch them grow
They'll learn much more than I'll ever know
And I think to myself, what a wonderful world
Yes, I think to myself, what a wonderful world
Oh yeah!
Everything by : Michael Buble
You're a falling star, you're the get away car.
You're the line in the sand when I go too far.
You're the swimming pool, on an August day.
And you're the perfect thing to say.
And you play it coy but it's kinda cute.
Ah, when you smile at me you know exactly what you do.
Baby don't pretend that you don't know it's true.
'cause you can see it when I look at you.
[Chorus:]
And in this crazy life, and through these crazy times
It's you, it's you, you make me sing.
You're every line, you're every word, you're everything.
You're a carousel, you're a wishing well,
And you light me up, when you ring my bell.
You're a mystery, you're from outer space,
You're every minute of my everyday.
And I can't believe, uh that I'm your man,
And I get to kiss you baby just because I can.
Whatever comes our way, ah we'll see it through,
And you know that's what our love can do.
[Chorus]
So, la, la, la, la, la, la, la
So, la, la, la, la, la, la, la
[Chorus:]
And in this crazy life, and through these crazy times
It's you, it's you, you make me sing.
You're every line, you're every word, you're everything.
You're every song, and I sing along.
'Cause you're my everything.
Yeah, yeah
So, la, la, la, la, la, la, la
So, la, la, la, la, la, la, la
-CJ
IN THE END- LINKIN PARK
(It starts with)
One thing, I don’t know why
It doesn’t even matter how hard you try
Keep that in mind, I designed this rhyme
To explain in due time
All I know
time is a valuable thing
Watch it fly by as the pendulum swings
Watch it count down to the end of the day
The clock ticks life away
It’s so unreal
Didn’t look out below
Watch the time go right out the window
Trying to hold on but didn’t even know
Wasted it all just to
Watch you go
I kept everything inside and even though I tried, it all fell apart
What it meant to me will eventually be a memory of a time when I tried so hard
And got so far
But in the end
It doesn't even matter
I had to fall
To lose it all
But in the end
It doesn't even matter
One thing, I don’t know why
It doesn’t even matter how hard you try
Keep that in mind, I designed this rhyme
To remind myself how
I tried so hard
In spite of the way you were mocking me
Acting like I was part of your property
Remembering all the times you fought with me
I’m surprised it got so (far)
Things aren’t the way they were before
You wouldn’t even recognize me anymore
Not that you knew me back then
But it all comes back to me
In the end
You kept everything inside and even though I tried, it all fell apart
What it meant to me will eventually be a memory of a time when I tried so hard
And got so far
But in the end
It doesn’t even matter
I had to fall
To lose it all
But in the end
It doesn’t even matter
I've put my trust in you
Pushed as far as I can go
For all this
There’s only one thing you should know
I've put my trust in you
Pushed as far as I can go
For all this
There’s only one thing you should know
I tried so hard
And got so far
But in the end
It doesn’t even matter
I had to fall
To lose it all
But in the end
It doesn’t even matter
-maddie
Kai and Kiyo
I Wanna Be Close by AVANT
Oooo I wanna be girl let me be
I wanna be everything your man's not
And I'm gonna give you
every little thing I've got
Cause you are more than a man needs
That's why I say you're truly my destiny
I'm gonna get cha
If it takes me until forever
No you don't feel me
if forever turns into never
I'll let you know my love
is just that strong
And for you never just ain't that long
I wanna be the smile
you put on your face
I wanna be your hands
when you say your grace
I wanna be whatever
is your favorite place, oh
I just wanna be close
I wanna be the hat you put on your head
I wanna be the sheets
you put on your bed
I wanna be the skirt
wrapped around your legs
Oh, I just wanna be close
And even if the day turns into night
I will love you by candlelight
And even if the water starts to run over
I'll be there to put you on my shoulder
And if it's hard for you to get to sleep
I will sing you a melody,
I wanna feel this way
Till the end of time, cause I pray one day
That you will be mine
I wanna be the smile
you put on your face
I wanna be your hands
when you say your grace
I wanna be whatever
is your favorite place, oh
I just wanna be close
I wanna be the hat you put on your head
I wanna be the sheets
you put on your bed
I wanna be the skirt
wrapped around your legs
Oh, I just wanna be close
See my life's filled with up and downs
I'm ok when you're around
And when I'm in a storm
and my nights are cold
Reach out your hands for me to hold
See you're my queen on a throne
and you're the reason
For a song and I can't wait
to fill you up with love
Fill you with love
I wanna be the sun,
your stars, your moon
I wanna be a hot summer day in June
I wanna be the smell
of your sweet perfume
I just wanna be close
I wanna be the seed
That bare your life brand new
I wanna be the one
that's so faithful and true
I wanna be the man down that aisle
in that suit, yes
I just wanna be close
Post a Comment