Friday, September 3, 2010

College Choices

Post the name of the college or university you are interesting in attending, along with your reasons for the choice and a link to their website. Be sure to include your name in the comment.

AND PLEASE BE CAREFUL IN YOUR POSTING!!!! SOOOOO MANY DELETED COMMENTS...SHEESH!!!!! CUT THAT OUT!!!!!

DUE: Tuesday 9/8/10

Addition: September 20, 2010...here's a helpful link from Sharmaine. Do any of you have similar links you can share? If so, please post as comments here. Thanks!

University of California at San Bernadino: College Application Essay

14 comments:

czarina_caberto said...

CZARINA CABERTO

I am thinking of attending UH Manoa after high school because it has the necessary courses (Journalism & Communications) to allow me to earn a degree in Broadcast Journalism. I would also like to take up Dance, too. UH Manoa offers a course to earn a Masters degree in Dance.

LINK: http://manoa.hawaii.edu/

Sharmaine Sebastian said...

Sharmaine Sebastian

The college I'm interested in attending is the University of California, San Francisco. The reason why I'm interested in attending there is because UCSF offers one of the best nursing programs in the United States. Not only that, but UCSF is also recognized as one of the best medical schools in the US. I either want to be a nurse or a doctor in the future. I've always been interested in doing work in the medical field.

CLICK HERE to view their website.

Korie said...

Korie Lum

I am interested in Oregon Institute of Technology, because it will allow me to study the different braches of engineering.

One specific area that I want to look more into would be Embedded Systems Engineering Technology because it is geared toward the science and engineering that I find an interest in. This part of science will allow me to study further and apply my digital media skills I have learned. Click here for information on Embedded Systems Engineering Technology.

MaddieNguyen said...

I am thinking about attending University of Southern California because it is one of few schools that provide a program for annesthetics. I am planning on becoming a nurse that specializes in anestesia. So i want to do all 4years to get my nursing degree then 2 extra years for my masters. USC offers the program im interested in for 24 months, the shortest amount of time possible to get the masters. Its a pretty rigorous program but i think i'd be able to handle it.

Link: http://www.usc.edu/

Shaneika Aguilar said...

Shaneika Aguilar

Colleges:
University of Hawaii - Manoa
Hawaii Pacific University

Reason:
These are probably the only colleges/options that I have since my parents don't want me to leave Hawaii. If I could, I would want to study abroad or at least go to one of the top colleges in the mainland. Anyway, I chose these colleges because they are the best in the island and people have recommended them for me. Also, they have the classes that I need to be able to fulfill my career as an RN (Registered Nurse). I have visited the College and Career Center and Ms. Mau has given me all the requirements for entering UH Manoa, especially the class and registration requirements for people like me who want to become an RN. In UH, I am very interested in their Bachelor of Science - Nursing Program and they offer opportunities that will help me apply for the Department of Nursing and earn a Master's Degree in the nursing program. Aside from this, I also want to take up dancing and singing in these colleges as well. UH also offers courses for these. However, I am debating between the two colleges.

Once I become an RN, I will be qualified to become a CRNA (Certified Registered Nurse Anesthetist), NP (Nurse Practitioner), or a CNS (Clinical Nurse Specialist).

Brittany said...

The colleges I am interested in are either University of San Fransico (USF) or Hawaii Pacific University. Being in the medical has always been a dream of mine and my parents. My first choice is USF because it is one of the best medical schools in the U.S. Although it would be a great experience to leave home, if my parents ever change their mind of letting me leave I would also be proud to go to HPU. I have heard about the experiences about HPU from Mohs Alumni. It is a hands on learning program and as far as teachers they dont only share whats in the textbooks but also thier own experiences in the field. Classes are full of people all around the world. Some differences from UH and HPU are that HPU offers more computer labs and study areas at HPU than at UH and they have Free Wifi all over the campus.

Traci said...

Traci Sahagun

The college I want to go to is Mount Saint Mary's College in Los Angeles, California. Although many of the students at this school are enrolled as nurses, a lot of the other students there are wanting to become teachers, which is what I want to be when I grow up. I think that this school will prepare me in my future job. In addition, I think that I can excel well in the school and fit in perfectly considering that my sister goes to the school right now, while aspiring to become a teacher as well. Therefore, I can learn from her experiences and do well in college....I hope. It is almost the perfect place to be! :D

Isabelle Sayno said...

I've got my eyes set on New York University. I would love to create my college education career there because I would be surrounded by a diverse community. Not only are their academics prestigious, but also their arts. Medical Field + Arts= PERFECTION for me :) I hope to become a D.O., be a part of the film industry, and start my own performing arts studio. Until then, I'll be working my butt off in high school.

Anonymous said...

I'm planning to move to the West Coast when I'm older. It depends on how well I do, but I'm looking at either UCLA or USC for graphic art or architecture. Both colleges are located in California.

I'm not too sure which specific field I want to go into at this point, but I'm thinking I'll go into Architecture first; set up a steady foundation for money, and then I'll go back and take graphic art classes.

-Jordie

Greencat22 said...

Rebekah Morales

The top and main college in my mind in UC (university of california) Davis. They have the courses and different branches in their whole college. They have a branch for medical students and they also have a branch for veterinary students so if i choose to be either a doctor/nurse or a veterinarian i can just go to UC Davis.
link: http://www.ucdavis.edu/index.html

The next 3 colleges are:
1. USC
2. CalArts (media!)
3. UH Manoa

JosephD said...

I wish to join Washington University. For one thing, i have family in the region (Not to mention Alaskan Salmon) and also, it's not a bad school to go to to perform and practice engineering. More importantly, structural design. I wish to design buildings and use my mind to show off my creatvity in what i do. I would like to get a masters in Design, but I have to step up my game. ;)

Shannel said...

After I graduate from high school I would like to attend UH Manoa or HPU in the nursing program. I would love to attend either one of those colleges but I am aiming for UH Manoa because offers one of the best nursing courses in Hawaii. Both colleges have good classes for my future career of being a nurse and earning a degree. Along with that I would love to take dancing. After college and becoming an RN, I would like to also be a NP or Nurse Practitioner.

1. UH MANOA (University Health Services Manoa)

2. HPU (All Nursings School)

Angela said...

To be honest, I have no idea what college I want to attend in the future. I would like to stay home on the islands but I would also like to experience new things and adventures. I have thought about this for years and I still can't make that decision. Right now, I am thinking about maybe attending a college here at home for a couple of years and then for the rest of my college career, live it up in the mainland. I have been thinking and praying long and hard about this so I hope that I will be able to make my goal/decision by the end of this year. Since I know for right now I will be attending a college here in Hawaii, I will probably attend University of Hawaii. It's much closer to home and they offer many choices in majors. I would like to say that I might consider Hawaii Pacific University but the location is much too dangerous and scary for me. I'm sorry if this doesn't give you much information on my future, but to be honest I don't know much about what I want either. Until that time, this is all I know for now.

Link: University of Hawaii

Beast said...

I am hoping to go to the university of southern California, or the university of Oregon. I want to get into the engineering field, I heard that USC has a pretty good engineering course, and I want to go to Oregon because I like the weather up there, and the campus.
links:
USC: http://www.usc.edu/
Oregon:http://www.uoregon.edu/
-CJ Bush